Thursday, June 24, 2010

Do we all...

REVOLVE AROUND SEX????  Ugh, this is something i'm sure all you readers are well aware of.  Yes, I have been guilty of it in the past, and yes I will probably be guilty of it in the future, but something happened that almost made me loose all hope in humanity.

Ok, so there is this website that I will not mention (no, not manhunt or any hookup site) that I frequent that is gay oriented.  It's a rather good website for a common interest and I met this really awesome guy online who I have been chatting it up with for a while.  First off, he's Asian and I don't usually go for Asian's, but he is gorgeous!  He is also one of the sweetest guys I know.  Yes yes, you can say "well how do you know if you've never met in person."  Well this guy is one of a kind.  I can tell because he tells me of this non profit organization he created that helps children who's parents have cancer...convinced now too?

So down to what happened.  Him and I talked about hooking up and what not and he mentioned to me that he has only had sex with two guys and does not hook up at all.  I applauded him for that and he was very genuine about it.  He's ripped so he would have no problem finding someone to hook up with, and this I found out soon enough.  I was laying in bed one night and he texted me and said "omg I'm out with a guy from *that website* and I'm having a great time."  So I responded and told him I'm glad b/c he's not out so he hasn't been around too many gay people yet.  Two days later we chat online and I found out the guy he was hanging out with is THE MOST GORGEOUS MAN ON EARTH.  I'm not kidding, not even kidding with the caps...  So I poked around and truth be told, they hooked up.  I was kinda disappointed because A. they are both hot and I was jealous and B. I really believed him when he said he doesn't do that.  What makes it worse is that he says they will remain friends because he was "just passing through."  I told him he was a road trip booty call.

So what disappointed me so much about this.  I have never met a true guy who was attractive and personable who didn't end up wanting sex.  It has never happened (to me at least) and I think it might never will.  I yearn for the day when a first date doesn't end up "watching a movie" or not getting a text back after the first night of hooking up or asking if I'm a top or bottom during dinner.  I want the genuine husband you see in movies who sweep you off your feet on the first date, not in the way you're thinking ;)

I try hard to be that guy, I really do.  With Mr. Future Husband, I refused to have sex with him and I told him that and he thought "that was the greatest thing ever."  Well looking back, I should've just banged him and went along my way but oh well.  So perhaps I should take a vow, a vow not to have sex until I'm in a relationship?   Unfortunately if I took that vow three years ago, my hymen would have grown over again.  So perhaps alter the vow to not having sex till the 3rd date?  That sounds good, that's a good amount of time to hang out, get to know each other, etc.  Now if you already have this rule then good for you, call me a slut!  But here's to finding the guy who's not obsessed with sex!

No comments:

Post a Comment