Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Odd Couple

Speaking of the weird couple that was at the lake with me last weekend, I went to a friends party last night and there were numerous odd couples there.  I when I speak of odd, I mean one was really hot and the other was definitely not!  This one couple in particular last night was complete polar opposites of one another.  He was tall, dark, muscular, chiseled face and tan while his partner was short, fat, bald, and wore glasses.  This may sound like a joke, but it wasn't.  My mouth dropped when I found out those two were together.  I didn't understand.

The other couple was my friend who had the party.  Older, in his 40's, muscular, gray hair, taller while his new boy is a twink in his early twenties!!!  I couldn't believe it when he introduced me to him.  Another couple wasn't as bad, just noticeably different in the hottness factor, but nothing to gawk about.

So here I was, astonished at these couples and the differences I could see on the outside.  But then I thought, here I am alone wanting to be with someone and all I notice are the hot guys who don't seem to want anything with me.  Maybe that's where I'm going wrong, THAT is where i'm going wrong.  Sure these guys are different when it comes to their appearances, but perhaps they are meant for each other for many more reasons than looks.  They all seemed genuinely happy (well the ugly boys should be since they are with significantly hotter partners!)  kidding.... kinda.

I see it alot with hetero couples, a hot girl with a dumpy guy... but I had never seen it in the gay community like that before.  I therefore proceeded to get extra drunk off sangria and pass out.  I had fun, met a couple new friends and perhaps had a breakthough.  I still don't know if I don't have a physical attraction to someone though if a relationship could work, or if I would even give it a try?  Only time will tell I guess... time to call it an evening and enjoy the rest of my sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment